There is nothing like Summer in Mississippi. The Heat, the Humidity, the Cicada’s buzzing in the trees, the Humidity….
But there is one thing that makes it one of my favorite seasons. COCKTAILS
See below for our favorite that is on rotation:
The Grapefruit-Rosemary Fizz
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- Juice of ½ lime
- 1-2″ of cucumber, sliced
- 2 tbsp rosemary simple syrup
- 2 tbsp Fresca
- club soda
1) Pour water and sugar in a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Add the rosemary sprigs and let mixture come to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let steep for 15 minutes. Remove rosemary sprigs and pour into a jar. Store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
2) Juice your grapefruit and strain juice into an airtight jar.
3) Store jar in the refrigerator for up to one week.
4) To make one serving of Grapefruit Rosemary Fizz, pour your 3 tablespoons of grapefruit juice, lime juice, sliced cucumber and rosemary simple syrup into a cocktail shaker with ice and muddle. Pour into a glass and add the Fresca. Top off with club soda and garnish with a sprig of rosemary. Enjoy!